Heavy branding aside, the Gymshark Flex collection is my favorite line so far and for good reason. Out of all the Gymshark apparel I’ve tried, this is by far the best quality fabric they’ve made!
I’ve tried six more Gymshark bottoms since this post, including the Flex legging. It was so fun trying and comparing all these leggings that I had to retest some of them because I forgot to make notes! Check out the roundup post here.
If you’re thinking about getting the Flex set for yourself, I definitely recommend it for many reasons. Here’s my review of the Gymshark Flex Cycling short and long sleeve crop top to help see if this is right for you!
Details: Gymshark Flex Sports Long Sleeve Crop Top and Cycling Shorts
- Size: XS-L
- Fabric: 56% Nylon, 39% Polyester, 5% Elastane
- Color: Berry Marl/Rose, Black/Grey, Charcoal Marl/ Teal, Khaki Marl/Taupe, Pink/ White
- Care: Machine wash cold, no tumble drying, no bleaching, no ironing
- Features: DRY technology
- Price: $65
Description: Gymshark Flex Collection
The Gymshark Flex Sports Long Sleeve Crop Top
The Flex crop top is designed with a compressive seamless ribbed underband for support. The cut-out design on the back allows for much-needed ventilation during an intense sweat-sesh.
The Gymshark Flex long sleeve top has an open thumb design which is perfect for gripping those heavyweights. This crop top has a wide ribbed compressive underbust band, which adds some support, but you may need to wear a sports bra underneath for cardio or plyo workouts.
The Gymshark Flex Cycling Shorts
The Flex Cycling Shorts are high-waisted seamless shorts with a 7-inch inseam designed for low to high impact workouts. The waistband is ribbed and compressive for support and does a fantastic job of keeping your shorts from slipping down.
Also, the Flex Cycling shorts are fitted with a wide diamond-shaped gusset for an increased range of motion. The stretchy Flex fabric is very forgiving and will move with you through any activity.
The waistband supports without squeezing
The Flex fabric is thick and opaque enough to hide panty lines and folds and does not sheer when stretched a.k.a Squatproof.
Gymshark Flex Collection Sizing Review
After checking out the Gymshark size chart, I bought the Flex long-sleeve crop top and cycling shorts in size small. For reference, I’m a 26″ waist, 32″ bust (DD cup), 37.5″ hip, 5’8 tall, and standard clothing size 4.
The Gymshark size chart can leave you a little confused at first, but it’s nothing you can’t handle. I’ve tried a few more Gymshark activewear since this post and for sure, the leggings fit differently across collections. Some are more compressive or form-fitting than others, so depending on the fabric and style, you may prefer to size up or down.
The general recommendation is this:
Go with a size that’s closest to your true waist measurement.
What I Loved
- Fabric: This nylon/polyester/elastane blend is sugar, spice, and everything nice! It combines the breathability and flexibility of nylon, performance qualities of polyester, and the stretch of elastane to form the perfect workout fabric. You’ll love the stretch and comfort of this set.
- Style: The devil is in the details of this set: the intricate shading; strategically placed seams and openings, and contrasting stitching make this Flex set outright gorgeous! You’ll love how sculpting and figure-flattering this set is!
What To Improve
- Sleeve: My only gripe with the Flex top was with the mildly restrictive degree of motion around the arms.
Should You Get The Gymshark Flex Set?
Absolutely! The Flex shorts and top are almost perfect, but I’m not a fan of heavy branding. If you’re a Gymshark fan, obvi this won’t matter to you.
- Perfect for low to high impact activities. Wear a supportive sports bra underneath your Flex long sleeve crop top for workouts or go bra-free for casual wear.
- Great for weightlifting, CrossFit, other high-intensity activities.
- Perfect for athleisure styling. Pair your Flex cycling shorts with a crop top, denim jacket, and sneakers.
- Good for the active fashionista on a budget.
How To Care For Your Gymshark Flex Activewear
Your activewear fabric needs more TLC than regular clothing because of the engineering that goes into creating performance wear. Follow the instructions on the care label to allow your Flex shorts and crop top withstand the test of time!
Avoid excess heat from washing in hot water, tumble-drying, or ironing as this can affect the strength of the fibers and degrade the fabric features. Instead, wash in cold water and use a drying rack or opt for a low-heat tumble-dry setting.
Also, air-dry your Flex crop top and shorts before your next laundry day to prevent the odor-causing bacteria from destroying your precious activewear fabric. See all the ways you can keep your activewear in perfect condition here!
Where To Get Gymshark Flex
Follow the Gymshark brand on Instagram @gymshark to get the scoop on new releases. You can also snag pre-loved Gymshark apparel on sites like Poshmark and Mercari!
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️