Throughout the year, I kept checking their website to see if there were any interesting new collections. And then came Lux, a buttery soft high-performance collection featuring sports bras, leggings, and shorts in 8 colors.
Physiq Apparel has really good quality activewear at decent prices. Plus, they have bomb sales and you can always find a coupon code online for discounts.
So if you’re thinking about trying out the brand, here’s my review of the Physiq Apparel Lux sports bra and high waisted legging to help you decide!
- Size: XS-L
- Fabric: 87% Nylon, 13% Spandex
- Care: Machine wash cold, tumble dry low, no bleaching
- Price: $91
Physiq Apparel Lux Sports Bra
The Lux sports bra is a racerback style bra designed for low to high impact workouts. The scoop neck Lux bra is padded for support with 1″ wide thick elasticated undercuts band. Supportive, comfortable, and compressive, the Lux bra is everything you need for an intense sweat sesh.
While the Lux bra barely touches your mid-riff, it has decent coverage in the front and on the sides.
Physiq Apparel Lux High Waisted Legging
The Lux legging is a high rise full-length legging designed for low to high impact activities. The waistband is 5″ wide and double-faced for support.
An angled pocket on the left side about 8″ long can fit an iPhone 8 plus during your sweat mesh. Also, the Lux leggings are constructed without a front seam and fitted with a triangular-shaped gusset for increased range of motion.
Squatproof? Check! Although the Physiq Apparel Lux legging is thin, the fabric is opaque (not see-through) enough to keep your booty covered. Plus they make your butt look great!
If you’ve seen any of my previous activewear reviews, you’ll find that panty lines and crotch sweat are the banes of my existence. Because of the thin fabric, you’ll need some seriously seamless underwear for your Lux leggings. In fact, you might be better off going commando in your leggings to avoid panty lines altogether.
Physiq Apparel Sizing Review
For reference, I’m a 27″ waist, 32″ bust (DD cup), and 38″ hip, and US clothing size 4. I bought the Lux legging and sports bra in size S/4 according to the Physiq Apparel size chart (see picture below).
If you’re in between legging sizes, go with a size on the chart that’s within 1-2″ of your true hip and waist measurements. For example, my waist and hip measurements fall between S and M. But I went with S because my hip size, 38″, is only 1″ off from 37″.
What I loved
Here’s what I loved about the Physiq Apparel Lux legging:
1. Fit: They form to your body nicely from waist to hem and do not bunch anywhere. I’m usually suspicious of leggings that have seams cutting through the thighs because they tend to dig into my skin and squeeze my thighs like a sausage. BUT, these leggings don’t do that, thank the lawd!
2. Style: I love the sleek minimal design. The legging shapes and sculpts without distracting seams, logos, shading, or lines.
3. Fabric: The quality of the Lux fabric is amazing! I just reviewed the Til You Collapse Resilient Classic leggings which also have the same fabric content as the Lux leggings. Both feel just as soft, except the Lux legging fabric yarn is constructed in a way that prevents pilling.
What I’d Improve
A few downsides of the Physiq Apparel Lux legging:
- Waistband: I like that the waistband is thin, yet supportive. But, it does roll down (front only) when I sit, squat, bend over, etc. It seems there is a thin strip of elastic at the top of the waistband (backside only) that prevents it from rolling down. My guess is that they didn’t add the elastic in front to avoid the problem of the waistband digging in, and I think this is what’s causing the front to roll.
Should You Buy Physiq Apparel Lux?
- Perfect for low to high impact activities.
- Great for yoga, weight-lifting, running or just running errands, and lounging.
- Perfect for athleisure styling.
- Great for the active chick on a budget.
How To Care For Your Physiq Apparel Activewear
Avoid excess heat from washing in hot water, tumble-drying or ironing as this can affect the strength of the fibers and degrade the fabric features. Instead, wash your workout clothes in cold water, and use a drying rack. Also, avoid using fabric softener since it can seal the fabric, causing the fabric to lose its breathability.
Place your Lux leggings and sports bra in a mesh bag before throwing them in the washer. This will ensure that the thin fabric doesn’t get snagged by parts from other clothing.
Remember to air out your workout clothes before your next laundry day to prevent the odor-causing bacteria from ruining your activewear fabric. Follow these steps to keep your Physiq Apparel activewear in pristine condition!
Where To Get Physiq Apparel Lux
You can find the Lux collection and other Physiq apparel collections on the brand’s website.
Stay Safe. Stay Motivated ❤️
Explore Activewear Brands By Category
Explore Activewear By Activity
See More Activewear Brands Like Physiq Apparel
If you can't live without leggings, you'll need these...
What Should I Review Next?
Send your request for a brand review and I'll add it to the blog content calendar!